Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820Vn Inbound Call Barring Feature

• pbouzan
  • Topic Author
More
19 Aug 2012 13:52 #1 by pbouzan
2820Vn Inbound Call Barring Feature was created by pbouzan
Afternoon all.

I've searched for this but can only find posts relevant to outbound calling, not inbound.

I would like to utilise the inbound Call Barring features of my 2820Vn (Firmware version 3.3.7.2_232201) under VoIP/Dialplan/Call Barring. The form looks quite straight-forward in that I select the Call Direction (IN), Barring Type (Specific Number) and then enter that number. Unfortunately this field only allows 10 digits to be entered? thinking the leading zero may not be needed I've dropped that to keep within the 10 digits but suffice to say this doesn't appear to work. Why does this field limit me to only 10 digits? A bug perhaps? The remaining two fields, Route - set to All to captute all three incoming numbers and Index I'm ignoring as I can't see the relevance.

I am using Sipgate for my calls and can only sing their praise for support and ease of porting my ex-BT/Virgin number over. Everything else on the router works very well apart from this little foible. I would so love to enter the list of nuisance and marketing CLI's I have in front of me here!

Thanks in advance for any help that can be offered :D

Regards

Paul.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pbouzan
  • Topic Author
More
03 Sep 2012 20:29 #2 by pbouzan
Replied by pbouzan on topic Re: 2820Vn Inbound Call Barring Feature
Blimey! No-one come across this before? I would have thought the incoming call barring feature would be an absolute godsend to many what with all these PPI claims calls flooding in from everywhere!

• pbouzan
  • Topic Author
More
17 Oct 2012 14:47 #3 by pbouzan
Just bumping this again in case anyone has some fresh thoughts on the matter?

• pbouzan
  • Topic Author
More
20 Oct 2012 20:22 #4 by pbouzan
Well, I decided to throw this at Draytek themselves and low and behold it appears to be a bug with the GUI as the Telnet interface will allow 11 digits to be entered for this feature. Furthermore the IPPBX 2820 will allow 11 digits to be entered in the GUI. As a workaround it was suggested that I use wildcard character '?' at the end of the number to effect the bar.

At least I wasn't going mad! My thanks to David at Draytek for the quick and efficient response :D

More
15 Aug 2013 13:03 #5 by naveed123
Replied by naveed123 on topic Re: 2820Vn Inbound Call Barring Feature
I select the Call Direction (IN), Barring Type :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

**** NAVEED ****

Moderators: Sami