• screamingpict
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
01 Dec 2012 02:26 #1 by screamingpict
Issue uploading user voice prompts was created by screamingpict
Hi,

I'm trying to change the voice prompts on a 2820IPPBX.

I tried using the POTS phone but it kept saying that I was dialling invalid tones (1155# to replace prompt 5).

So I set about creating a WAV file (48KHz sample rate, mono, 16-bit). I tried uploading that in the Prompt Maintenance section (User prompts) using the file naming convention shown in the web page (which appears out of date) and then the one listed in the FAQ; v2820pbx_g711_userprompt05.wav

Every time it failed stating "Prompt file uploaded fail. Please check your file name, format or length."

I tried dropping down the sample rate etc. but to no avail. Finally I downloaded the existing prompt and tried uploading that again and it failed with the same error!

Can anyone help? Am I being thick here or do I have a broken 2820. I'm running Firmware Version: 3.5.7.1_2471201 and successfully uploaded the System voice prompts OK. I'm using Safari on a Mac, but changing to a different browser didn't help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• screamingpict
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
01 Dec 2012 13:01 #2 by screamingpict
Replied by screamingpict on topic Re: Issue uploading user voice prompts
Have also tried uploading to a different slot- no joy.

(On a side note I tried changing the VPs over the POTS line with a different phone and it still said "Invalid option")

Can anyone recommend anything I can do to fix/debug this?

• screamingpict
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
03 Dec 2012 00:28 #3 by screamingpict
Further update to this in case anyone every has the same issue; Although the PSTN phone method and the web upload method both failed I was able to upload new prompts using the DrayTek IPPBX Voice Prompt Utility (once I tracked down a Windows box to run it on).

• screamingpict
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
06 Dec 2012 12:41 #4 by screamingpict
Another update- I got a message back from Draytek UK support saying that the user prompts had changed and supplying me with the new ones.
At the time of writing the 2820 user manuals had not yet been updated with this information. Hopefully it'll come in useful to someone.

For the record the new prompts are;
21001# to 21011# to record prompts (# to stop, * to cancel)
22001# to 22011# to play the G.711a versions of the prompts
23001# to 23011# to play the G.729 versions of the prompts
24001# to 24011# to delete specific prompts
20# to delete all user prompts.

(and for working on system prompts you replace the leading 2 with a 1)

This schema I was sent only assumes 11 user prompts (and 42 system prompts), but it does work for user prompts above 11.

NOTE; if you try to play a user prompt that is empty you will still, confusingly, get the usual 'Invalid option' error message.