DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2850VN No Dialtone after reboot

• cartmane
  • Topic Author
More
15 Jun 2013 22:01 #1 by cartmane
2850VN No Dialtone after reboot was created by cartmane
Since I bought my 2850VN last year I've had an issue where the telephone that's connected to it gets no dialtone immediately after a reboot, the tone returns only after an inbound call has been made to the phone (either via one of my SIP lines or via PSTN).

The SIP lines are definitely registered & outbound calls cannot be made from the phone either until an inbound one has been recieved (ie it's not an issue simply about the router not "playing" the dialtone). The phone has been changed & I've tried various firmwares (now on 3.6.4) without any success.

Has anyone got any ideas what I could try next?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jun 2013 22:56 #2 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: 2850VN No Dialtone after reboot
You say there's no dialtone but it IS registered (I assume from the WUI you can see that) but what happens if you
life the handset - can you dial; do you hear the tones. Do you hear anything (voice back or white noise?)

Forum Administrator

• cartmane
  • Topic Author
More
17 Jun 2013 09:33 #3 by cartmane
Replied by cartmane on topic Re: 2850VN No Dialtone after reboot
Definitely registered as it shows on the router & can take incoming calls. If I lift the handset there's no noise at all, no dtmf tones if I dial & they're not even being passed to the router silently as I've tested dialling a number & just waiting to see whether a connection is made. No voice back either; it's as if the telephone is not even connected to anything but everything is fine once that first incoming call has been recieved.

More
17 Jun 2013 09:40 #4 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: 2850VN No Dialtone after reboot
Well, I'd say try a different phone but you already did :-) It's strange; I've never come
across it so can't offer any suggestions.

Does the router show you going offhook; i.e. in the VoIP status screen I think it
shows offhook etc.

Forum Administrator

• cartmane
  • Topic Author
More
20 Jun 2013 10:11 #5 by cartmane
Replied by cartmane on topic Re: 2850VN No Dialtone after reboot
Router phone status stays as idle :(

With my testing yesterday I've found another workaround however - by plugging the telephone into Phone 2 the problem seems to disappear. I'll test this for a few days whilst doing periodic reboots & also try to find a different splitter as the problem could lie there.