• screamingpict
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
14 Aug 2013 13:51 #1 by screamingpict
Delay before Auto Attendant pickup? was created by screamingpict
Quick one.

Anyone know if it's possible to delay the Auto Attendant from picking up calls for a second or two?

The reason I ask is that GoogleVoice gets upset if you answer the call immediately and they ask you to press '1' to prove you're not an answering service (which the AutoAttendant is...).

If I could delay pickup by 1s then I'd be golden. I've had a dig through the settings and into the terminal, but couldn't find anything.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• screamingpict
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
14 Aug 2013 17:09 #2 by screamingpict
Replied by screamingpict on topic Re: Delay before Auto Attendant pickup?
In the honourable tradition of replying to one's own questions;

I couldn't find an answer to this (so please let me know if there is one) but I was able to put a workaround in place.

I thought about recording a DTMF '1' tone and playing that before the main auto-attendant stuff kicks in, but I thought that might not be robust enough.
So instead I created a 'fake' ISDN extension and set it to forward to the Auto Attendant after 5s (the minimum allowable time).

Worked a treat!

But if you have a real solution please do shout. Thanks.

• screamingpict
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
29 Oct 2013 15:22 #3 by screamingpict
Replied by screamingpict on topic Re: Delay before Auto Attendant pickup?
For the sake of poster(ior)ity I thought I'd record my new solution to this problem here.

Simionics (https://simonics.com) do a free Google Voice SIP gateway. You sign up with them, add their system in as a trunk and then set Google Voice to forward calls to Google Talk (rather than a phone) and everything works beautifully. And the issue with the calls being answered immediately goes away.

Happy days.

Now if I could just get the PBX working with an external SIP extension running over 3G...

• press2talk
  • User
  • User
More
29 Oct 2013 15:30 #4 by press2talk
Replied by press2talk on topic Re: Delay before Auto Attendant pickup?
Screamingpict, in reply to your end of message getting external SIP EXT working over 3G, I can say we have this working a treat over 2/3G on various devices.