Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Making calls from different accounts

• alex01
  • Topic Author
More
15 Aug 2013 09:42 #1 by alex01
Making calls from different accounts was created by alex01
Hi,
I have a Vigor 2910VG with three different sip accounts on same port and an ordinary cordless phone with TAM. my question is when I make a call, how do I select which account to use?

At present it makes the call through account 1 but what if I want to make a call through account 2 or 3?

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• alex01
  • Topic Author
More
12 Oct 2013 04:28 #2 by alex01
Replied by alex01 on topic Re: Making calls from different accounts
no one knows an answer to this?

• colin_thames
  • User
  • User
More
18 Aug 2014 11:41 #3 by colin_thames
Replied by colin_thames on topic Re: Making calls from different accounts
Hi Alex
Hope you're enjoying your Vigor Router. I've just got my first one a few days days ago, and set about doing exactly what what you were asking about! I got a disk and set of printed instructions for an older interface with my router so they were useless, but it's worth hnting around on Draytek's support site for the latest instruction manual which is much better. I found guidance somewhere on the web but I can't find it again so here are my instructions.

You can use this by setting up a prefix on your digit map. You could set up a 1 prefix to dial using SIP account 1, 2 to dial through account 2 etc. The digit map strips out the initial prefix from your dialled number and uses the selected SIP account. You didn't mention what firmware you have so I can only show you my version 3.7.5.1 on a Vigor 2760Vn. Hopefully you have the same interface. If not, it might be worth upgrading your firmware if you can. I believe that Vigor firmware is being 'standardised' so all interfaces will be similar.

Go to VOIP>Dialplan>Digit Map
So to setup a prefix of 1 to dial SIP account 1:
Under #, Tick against 1
In Match Prefix enter 1
Mode is Strip
OP number is 1
Min Len is 5
Max Len is 20 (these refer to the length of the dialled number)
Route is Voip1

Enter similar entries for your other SIP accounts

Hope this helps.