Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2820vn Setting Up VOIP

• jsutherland
  • Topic Author
More
06 Dec 2013 11:51 #1 by jsutherland
Vigor 2820vn Setting Up VOIP was created by jsutherland
Hi there,
I have recently installed a vigor 2820vn router, and I am in the process of setting up the VOIP.
I have a sip account through my ISP (Plusnet) and I have manage to get it registered on the router and if i dial the number from a pstn it registers a missed call.

My next bit is where I am struggling.
I downloaded the Draytek Softphone and I am trying to get it to connect to the router but I have know idea how?
I have include a few screenshots to show what i have done so far. the link is to a dropbox gallery

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/k4zsjox211ugr4b/-2Ha7Ey01w

thanks
Jamie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• doctord
  • User
  • User
More
10 Dec 2013 18:14 #2 by doctord
Replied by doctord on topic Re: Vigor 2820vn Setting Up VOIP
As far as I know the Vigor 2820vn doesn't have the functionality that you need. The Vigor 2820vn will register on your VOIP account and then allow you to plug analogue telephones into either of the two ports. To connect your softphone to your router you would need the Vigor IPPBX2820.

Nevertheless, all is not lost. With Plusnet it is possible to register multiple devices on the same account. This means you can register your softphone directly to the Plusnet account. Both your home phone and softphone will ring simultaneously. And as you are allowed 2 simultaneous phone calls, you will be able to use both phones at the same time.

You should use the same settings in your softphone. If that doesn't work, try adding :5082 to the end of the proxy.
So it becomes sip2.plus.net:5082. If that doesn't work, try sip.plus.net for the domain and nat.plus.net:5082 for the proxy.

Let us know if you get it working.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.