DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Linksys SPA phones and WAN registration (941, 941, 504 etc)

• cockneyjock
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
04 Sep 2014 12:34 #1 by cockneyjock
I am having trouble configuring Linksys phones to connect to a 2820 IPPBX as a remote device via the WAN. I have successfully configured a number of soft phones to work remotely and the Linksys phones when on the LAN. Latest firmware is installed on all devices, registration will work remotely via a LAN to LAN vpn, settings are turned on at the IPPBX but a direct WAN connection just will not work.

Has anyone had any success with these phones? Unfortunately using a LAN to LAN VPN for all the locations that require remote extensions isn't an option and the phones don't appear to support direct VPN connections.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• screamingpict
  • User
  • User
More
01 Nov 2014 11:37 #2 by screamingpict
Did you ever get this working? I have had some success with WAN registrations- in my case the issue was mostly getting the SIP client to handle punching through NAT.

• cockneyjock
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
12 Nov 2014 12:10 #3 by cockneyjock
No I didn't ever get it working but will be addressing this again over the christmas break when the client will not suffer disruption.

• screamingpict
  • User
  • User
More
12 Nov 2014 12:18 #4 by screamingpict
OK. I've not personally used these phones but I have found different phones having different support for STUN etc.