DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

SIP on 2820

• daveyph
  • Topic Author
More
09 Oct 2014 11:16 #1 by daveyph
SIP on 2820 was created by daveyph
Anyone got any good guides on setting sip trunks up on 2820?

I am not getting any sip registration, my supplier are being egits as they have no clue, ISP is gamma so would domain be gw2.theiptele.com ?

Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Nov 2014 11:30 #2 by screamingpict
Replied by screamingpict on topic Re: SIP on 2820
Davey,

I feel your pain- it can be a little difficult. I generally worked it out by trial and error. The main thing to remember is that the SIP provider gives you a SIP account number and SIP account password that is *different* from your login name and password on the site. It's the SIP account number and password that you put into the configuration (apologies if that's teaching you to suck eggs- that's just the main thing I tripped over when I tried it).

I've uploaded a quick screenshot of the configuration I use with Voiptalk.org to https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1653634/SIP%20Trunk.pdf

• daveyph
  • Topic Author
More
03 Nov 2014 13:52 #3 by daveyph
Replied by daveyph on topic Re: SIP on 2820
Thanks for the Info.

I eventually figured out that Gamma, (now easy net ) defaults the forwarding port of the SIP service on the line to 5060, it took several goes at proving to them that this was the fault and even had a dedicated engineer that does apply sip on these prove this to them and point this out that i needed to go to 5070

After some changing they eventually changed this to 5070 which is the default on the drayteks ( also on your screen shot ), changed over and voila, had a fault with incoming calls as well which they eventually ironed out, but again this was due to something their end.

I think you can change this with a little fiddling, but i have a few if these kicking around and needed to know how far i need to stretch to get this right.

More
03 Nov 2014 13:59 #4 by screamingpict
Replied by screamingpict on topic Re: SIP on 2820
Davey,

Cool- glad you got it working. The units do seem to be a little... funky... to get working, but once they are up they generally work well.

• daveyph
  • Topic Author
More
22 Jun 2015 16:44 #5 by daveyph
Replied by daveyph on topic Re: SIP on 2820
FYI - Just come across my old post on this looking for other stuff. Just to let you know I have a few running on gamma sip trunks a bunch of 2820's running happily on Voiceflex sip trunks, seemed to be a much easier method / setup to get going with SIP trunks. Who ever you go with try to get a platform where you can modify ports / details etc rather than relying on some ISP.

Moderators: Sami