• tracefirst
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
24 Nov 2014 15:34 #1 by tracefirst
Can't set DHCP option 66 was created by tracefirst
Hello
I am trying to configure DHCP option 66 (to tell clients the TFTP server address for config info) on my Vigor 2920n. However, the web UI tells me "The option number is reserved!" --- I assume this means that this setting can be configured elsewhere but I don't know where -- can anyone help?

I am on firmware 3.6.4

Michael.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Nov 2014 18:42 #2 by takeo_ischi
Replied by takeo_ischi on topic Re: Can't set DHCP option 66
I've got a 2860 so this might not work, but it says on mine:

'You can configure option 44,46,and 66 using the "msubnet" telnet command.'

• tracefirst
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
26 Nov 2014 08:58 #3 by tracefirst
Replied by tracefirst on topic Re: Can't set DHCP option 66
@Takeo_Ischi
thanks for the info - unfortunately, googling for "draytek msubnet" returns zero matches - a very unusual event! ;-)

Anyone know any details on the syntax for the msubnet command? I am able to telnet into my router and running "?" does tell me there's a command called "msubnet" but I have no clue what the rest of the command would need to be to set option 66......

Thanks
Michael.

More
26 Nov 2014 23:55 #4 by takeo_ischi
Replied by takeo_ischi on topic Re: Can't set DHCP option 66

tracefirst wrote: @Takeo_Ischi
thanks for the info - unfortunately, googling for "draytek msubnet" returns zero matches - a very unusual event! ;-)

Anyone know any details on the syntax for the msubnet command? I am able to telnet into my router and running "?" does tell me there's a command called "msubnet" but I have no clue what the rest of the command would need to be to set option 66......

Thanks
Michael.

> msubnet ?

% Valid subcommands are:
switch addr nmask status dhcps nat
gateway ipcnt talk startip pppip nodetype
primWINS secWINS tftp mtu

You're on your own from here...

• macavity
  • User
  • User
More
19 Dec 2014 23:16 #5 by macavity
Replied by macavity on topic Re: Can't set DHCP option 66
It's showing option 66 as reserved because the tftp command controls it instead.

Check this:

> srv dhcp tftp

But the other suggestion would also work, depends on model and which LAN you're setting really:

> msubnet tftp ?
% msubnet tftp <2/3/4/5/6>
% Now: LAN2
LAN3
LAN4
LAN5
LAN6

ps. As Takeo_Ischi points out, to search through things on telnet '?' is your friend. You'll either get 'valid subcommands' and a list of the valid subcommands or a syntax output.

eg (From V2860)
Code:
> srv ? % Valid subcommands are: dhcp nat > srv dhcp ? % Valid subcommands are: dhcp2 public dns1 dns2 frcdnsmanl gateway ipcnt off on relay startip status leasetime nodetype primWINS secWINS expRecycleIP tftp tftpdel option > srv dhcp tftp ? %% srv dhcp tftp % Now: >