• screamingpict
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
21 Dec 2014 19:55 #1 by screamingpict
SIP Trunk connections dropping? was created by screamingpict
Hi,

I've got an issue that seems to have appeared over the last year or so on my 2820 IPPBX running 3.5.10.1_2471201 FW (which is the latest).

On boot, the 3 SIP trunks I have set up register just fine with the SIP servers (about 3-4 mins after start-up).

After some indeterminate amount of time (not yet sure what this is as I only notice when I get the phone bill and find international calls on the PSTN bill) ALL of the SIP trunks fail to register any further. This persists until I restart the Draytek.

Anyone got any ideas why this might be happening? Until I can fix it I'll set a restart schedule and make the unit reboot every week.

Thanks in advance.
--
Niall

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Dec 2014 15:13 #2 by takeo_ischi
Replied by takeo_ischi on topic Re: SIP Trunk connections dropping?

ScreamingPict wrote: Hi,

I've got an issue that seems to have appeared over the last year or so on my 2820 IPPBX running 3.5.10.1_2471201 FW (which is the latest).

On boot, the 3 SIP trunks I have set up register just fine with the SIP servers (about 3-4 mins after start-up).

After some indeterminate amount of time (not yet sure what this is as I only notice when I get the phone bill and find international calls on the PSTN bill) ALL of the SIP trunks fail to register any further. This persists until I restart the Draytek.

Anyone got any ideas why this might be happening? Until I can fix it I'll set a restart schedule and make the unit reboot every week.

Thanks in advance.
--
Niall

No idea why this would happen, but you could ask users to dial a different code first for international calls e.g. 2020 and then the international number. That way you wouldn't get charged for calls if the SIP registration fails and you'd have a rough idea of when it happens.

• screamingpict
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
22 Dec 2014 15:47 #3 by screamingpict
Replied by screamingpict on topic Re: SIP Trunk connections dropping?
Takeo,

Yeah- I thought of doing that. Will probably implement it- although by "users" it's actually my wife :) so I reckon she can cope with that.

• postdead
  • User
  • User
More
20 Jun 2015 12:19 #4 by postdead
Just had a similar experience - draytel SIPS weren't registering. I noticed that their SIP provider Voiptalk had upgraded their system this week. We were on Draytek IPPBX v3.5.7.1 firmware at this site. Other sites on 3.5.8.1 were OK but were on different BB providers so couldn't isolate whether it was a) the local exchange, b) the draytel BB provider (Eclipse) c) Draytel. Have upgraded to latest Draytek firmware 3.5.10.2 build 15/1/2015 and all now registering again correctly.

PS: do a full config backup before the upgrade because the number of hunt groups has expanded and therefore the config file will not backward compatible.

• screamingpict
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
22 Jun 2015 14:19 #5 by screamingpict
Replied by screamingpict on topic Re: SIP Trunk connections dropping?
Yeah- I've upgraded to 3.5.10.2 as well and have not seen SIP trunks dropping since then- although I still have my workaround (auto-reboot once a week) in place.