DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2860Vac POTS CLID

• phil4444
  • Topic Author
More
28 Jan 2016 14:40 #1 by phil4444
2860Vac POTS CLID was created by phil4444
I have upgraded from a 2110Vn to a 2860Vac. WIth the 2110, CLI passthrough for incoming calls on POTS to Phone 2 worked fine, however with the 2860, I'm getting no CLI.

I have the VOIP>Phone Settings>Phone2>Advanced Region set to UK and Caller ID Type set to FSK_ETSI (UK) - the same as it was with the 2110.
Running latest UK f/w- 3.8.2_VT2. VoIP CLID is fine.

Anyone have any other ideas of what I could check?

Many thanks

.phil.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• phil4444
  • Topic Author
More
31 Jan 2016 11:15 #2 by phil4444
Replied by phil4444 on topic Re: 2860Vac POTS CLID
Before this thread goes bump, I thought I'd share my findings on this over the past few days.

It turns out that the CLID wasn't the only problem I was having with VoIP functions on 3.8.2. Registration with my SIP registrar service was failing intermittently (previously fine for several years with a 2110Vn), and
trying to check VoIP settings and account info on the CLI resulted in a crash and reboot.

The problem seems to have been fixed by downgrading to 3.7.8.3. With this version, POTS CLID passthrough on both phone ports seems fine, as do all other VoIP functions.

So in my experience VoIP on 3.8.2 is broken! I initially flashed the rst image so it wasn't old corrupt settings that might have been the problem.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has had VoIP problems of any sort with 3.8.x...

.phil.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.