DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820 IPPX NOT using router???

• netwiz
  • Topic Author
More
05 Jul 2016 17:53 #1 by netwiz
2820 IPPX NOT using router??? was created by netwiz
We've a client with an existing Virgin cable connection running at 150Mb and a Cisco router onto the LAN.

Can you configure the 2820 as a LAN device (ie disable the router) and use the Cisco as the default gateway??

I've tried a few options but can't get this to work! I can add a default static route from the CLI but that doesn't seem work.......

Any suggestions welcome!

Netwiz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• workaid
  • User
  • User
More
15 Sep 2016 14:46 #2 by workaid
Replied by workaid on topic Re: 2820 IPPX NOT using router???
I have my IPPBX 2820 working into another router then to a fibre connection. Instead of a Cisco switch, my other router is a Checkpoint Firewall (giving me double firewall protection after experiencing repeated DOS attacks which freeze the IPPBX but not the Checkpoint firewall). On General Setup I have WAN2 set to Ethernet and auto negotiation. On Internet Access/WAN2 I have PPPoE disabled and Static or Dynamic IP enabled. On the later config page I have the WAN IP Network settings set to a fixed IP address, subnet mask and Gatway IP Address (all being the router port connected to the IPPBX). I have also set my DNS settings to the firewall device, but that obviously depends where your DNS is located.
I hope that helps.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.