DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

VOIP Passthrough With Caller ID on a Vigor 2760Vn - ?

• arlan
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
17 Oct 2016 11:21 #1 by arlan
I would like to use my router to screen incoming calls, but I am stuggling to find information on how to go about implementing what I need to do.

First off, there is a port on the router (Vigor 2760Vn) for plugging a standard handset into (no requirement for a VOIP handset). Our landline also has Caller ID enabled, and I have activated the VOIP features on our router. The problem now is that I can not figure out how to configure the router to run a check on the Caller ID, filter if necessary, and to then forward the call to our mobile handset or to pass the call out to our landline handset. Can anyone offer any advice on this, please?

I already know that filtering functionality is available with some VOIP service providers, but as my calls are almost entirely free anyway it would be pointless adding a VOIP service if there is any way at all of making the router process incoming calls without needing to resort to a VOIP service.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pyblack
  • User
  • User
More
31 Oct 2016 19:44 #2 by pyblack
I have the same issue with the Vigor 2760Vac - inbound calls from the PSTN line are not monitored however outbound calls are. Not sure whether its a bug, Im on the latest firmware patch issued.

• arlan
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
31 Oct 2016 20:30 #3 by arlan

pyblack wrote: I have the same issue with the Vigor 2760Vac - inbound calls from the PSTN line are not monitored however outbound calls are. Not sure whether its a bug, Im on the latest firmware patch issued.

Thanks, - that is helpful. - If a DD-WRT firmware could be put together to deal with filtering inbound PTSN via the router, then that might add the required functionality, as I believe that the firmware on some Draytek Vigors is Linux-based and can be injection-patched, so it should be possible I would think.