DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Using BX2000ac to manage LAN access for users

• rc-worcs
  • Topic Author
More
16 Feb 2017 14:04 #1 by rc-worcs
Would anyone know how to use the BX2000ac to centrally manage users logging on to the LAN network (wired).
I'm a SMB with about 5 people. It would be ideal to manage users accounts and passwords from central point instead of going to each machine and devices and changing passwords every couple months.

We have no server, just a Zyxel NAS drive, a few printers, devices and a Draytek BX200ac pbx/router.

Is it even possible the with BX2000ac?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Apr 2017 09:10 #2 by martindt
The BX2000 will not do what you want and was not designed for that. The BX2000 is an IPPBX and internet access modem/router all in one.

Also, there is no "log-in" to a LAN network - all you have to do is connect a workstation (PC) to the network, and if you have the DHCP server active on your BX2000, the IP addresses and gateway are automatically assigned. If DHCP is not enabled you will have to set each workstation manually.

However, you can use the BX2000 to prevent access to the internet for specific workstations at certain times of the day if that is what you are trying to do?

• rc-worcs
  • Topic Author
More
14 Jul 2017 10:41 #3 by rc-worcs
Thanks very much for your reply.
Internet access is not the goal. I was advised I could do it with an Active Directory/LDAP server if it has the feature. I have seen a page to enter user information, and an LDAP page. Its just not clear to me whether it acts as a AD/LDAPserver, or it just has support as a client to an AD/LDAP server.

The network is fine at the moment it is just running in a workgroup . I would like one central place to manage all the users log in/passwords.

Moderators: Sami