DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2860Vac Two PSTN phones on 1 port!?

• eveares
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
25 Feb 2017 20:46 #1 by eveares
Don't know much about VoIP other than the very basic concept of using both IP enabled and Normal PSTN phones to communicate to the PSTN network using a ITSP VoIP provider.

The Vigor 2860Vac claims it has two PSTN phone ports and a analog line port, yet I clearly only see two ports?

Can some one explain how you physically connect up two dumb analog phones and a normal line/feed in to only 2 physical ports?

Regards: Elliott.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Feb 2017 20:56 #2 by admin

yet I clearly only see two ports?

You asking us to explain why you see something... we've no idea what you're looking at :-)

The Phone port uses a splitter to 2 phone socket.

Forum Administrator

• eveares
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
25 Feb 2017 22:02 #3 by eveares
Replied by eveares on topic Re: Vigor 2860Vac Two PSTN phones on 1 port!?
That makes sense. I take it Line 1 is the inner two conductors and Line 2 is the outer two conductors on the RJ11 "Phone 1/2" port that is next to LAN port 6 on the 2860vac.

Does the adaptor come with the 2860vac?

More
27 Feb 2017 07:20 #4 by admin
I'm not sure about the wiring, but probably. The adaptor also contain the ring cap. and yes, the router comes with the adaptor.

Forum Administrator

More
24 Mar 2017 11:04 #5 by jedi98

I take it Line 1 is the inner two conductors and Line 2 is the outer two conductors on the RJ11

FYI: that is US standard pin out for RJ11 phone jacks, line 1 on the inner two (red/green wires normally) and line 2 on the next pair out (yellow/black wires normally). Probably too much info but can be useful to know when you cannot put your hand on the adapter (it happens!) and need to improvise.