DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

BX2000 - voicemail email not working

• ncollingridge
  • Topic Author
More
06 Mar 2018 21:19 #1 by ncollingridge
BX2000 - voicemail email not working was created by ncollingridge
Does anyone have any idea why my BX2000 will not send voicemail by email to the addresses specified for the extensions?

I believe that I have everything set up correctly in the Mail Server Profile, and the proof of that is that if I press the "Send a test email" button for an extension it does indeed send a test email.

But when I try leaving voicemail messages they are not sent by email, even though the correct checkbox (Send Voicemail by Email) is ticked in Voicemail Configuration.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ncollingridge
  • Topic Author
More
06 Mar 2018 21:41 #2 by ncollingridge
Replied by ncollingridge on topic Re: BX2000 - voicemail email not working
Scratch that last post! I have just checked the Draytek.com.tw site and there is a new firmware (3.8.1.8 ) which has fixed the problem - they come through fine now! I wish I had checked earlier - I have wasted quite a few hours trying to get it to work...

A side benefit is that the connections speed over ADSL has also rocketed up. I had noticed that the BX2000 wasn't as good as the 2860 I swapped it for, but that seems to be fixed now. This is cryptically referred to in the Release Notes as "Improved: Add new modem code for Firmware Update NBN VDSL".

More
07 Mar 2018 14:50 #3 by admin3
Replied by admin3 on topic Re: BX2000 - voicemail email not working

ncollingridge wrote: Scratch that last post! I have just checked the Draytek.com.tw site and there is a new firmware (3.8.1.8 ) which has fixed the problem - they come through fine now! I wish I had checked earlier - I have wasted quite a few hours trying to get it to work...

A side benefit is that the connections speed over VDSL has also rocketed up. I had noticed that the BX2000 wasn't as good as the 2860 I swapped it for, but that seems to be fixed now. This is cryptically referred to in the Release Notes as "Improved: Add new modem code for Firmware Update NBN VDSL".

The 3.8.1.8 firmware will be available on the UK site shortly - it's good to know that it fixed your particular problem.

The VDSL speed should not really change between firmware versions - which of the modem codes did you download from the FTP?

• "00" modem code is the non-vector modem code

• "03v" modem code is equivalent to the UK firmware's recommended modem code.

• "04v" modem code is the same as that modem code (579F17) on the Vigor 2860 and is mentioned in the international release notes as "modem code for NBN VDSL"

Forum Administrator

• ncollingridge
  • Topic Author
More
07 Mar 2018 15:18 #4 by ncollingridge
It was 03v as the Draytek website says that it is the one recommended by SEG.

Connection speeds seem to vary a bit - when I first updated the firmware the BX2000 had connected at a speed of 18mbps, against the previous speed which had been about 12mbps. However I have just checked again and it is now just over 13mbps, so presumably the exchange equipment is modulating the speed to account for current signal strength and reliability.

More
07 Mar 2018 15:42 #5 by admin3
Replied by admin3 on topic Re: BX2000 - voicemail email not working
Thanks - I assume it's ADSL? I usually see a lot of variation with my home ADSL connection regardless of the modem code, though Vector 3 or Vector 4 should each be fine with ADSL, those two modem codes are quite similar (especially for ADSL).

Forum Administrator

• ncollingridge
  • Topic Author
More
07 Mar 2018 18:55 #6 by ncollingridge
Yes, this particular site is ADSL.

Moderators: Sami