DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

3.8.1.9 for BX2000 does not work for VOIP

• ncollingridge
  • Topic Author
More
01 Aug 2018 11:40 #1 by ncollingridge
3.8.1.9 for BX2000 does not work for VOIP was created by ncollingridge
Just a heads-up to all to make it clear that it is version 3.8.1.9 that breaks VOIP, and downgrading to 3.8.1.8 fixes the problem until Draytek sort this out.

You can download the older version from the Draytek UK website support area under "Older Firmware".

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• coops021
  • User
  • User
More
07 Sep 2018 14:20 #2 by coops021
Replied by coops021 on topic Re: 3.8.1.9 for BX2000 does not work for VOIP
I notified them of this right after they released it.

It seems to affect the BX2000N Routers and was ok on our In house BX2000AC.

I cannot believe they still have this up on the firmware download site.

More
11 Sep 2018 10:17 #3 by admin3
Please contact support if you're seeing major/minor issues with a PBX system with a newly released firmware.

The 3.8.8.4 firmware is now available in the DrayTek UK downloads section.

Forum Administrator

• ncollingridge
  • Topic Author
More
11 Sep 2018 19:31 #4 by ncollingridge
Replied by ncollingridge on topic Re: 3.8.1.9 for BX2000 does not work for VOIP
Interesting - no reference in the release notes to the jump from 3.8.1.9 to 3.8.8.4 - I would have thought this would warrant at least an acknowledgement. I assume that this is to bring it in line with the numbering of the 2830 series? Does this mean that the firmware is a very significant change from the previous 3.8.1.X series?

Also, no mention in the release notes that this version fixes the VOIP problems with 3.8.1.9.

A little bit more information would be much appreciated before taking the risk to update a live system.

• ncollingridge
  • Topic Author
More
01 Oct 2018 18:11 #5 by ncollingridge
Replied by ncollingridge on topic Re: 3.8.1.9 for BX2000 does not work for VOIP
Can anyone confirm that 3.8.8.4 fixes the VOIP issues which existed with 3.8.1.9?

TIA!

• martindt
  • User
  • User
More
02 Oct 2018 08:50 #6 by martindt
Replied by martindt on topic Re: 3.8.1.9 for BX2000 does not work for VOIP

ncollingridge wrote: Can anyone confirm that 3.8.8.4 fixes the VOIP issues which existed with 3.8.1.9?

TIA!

Yesterday I uploaded 3.8.8.4 into our BX2000 (not the ac, wi-fi version) and the VOIP does not work. The SIP trunks show as connected, but dialling in from outside shows our number as unobtainable.

So - I had to revert to version 3.8.1.9 which for us does work.

What I find mystifying is that you have had issues with 3.8.1.9 but we haven't. We have been running 3.8.1.9 since May 2018 when it came out.

Do you think this could be some sort of issue where you have to perform a full reset and reload the settings? I haven't done this as I update the firmware using the "All" file which doesn't reset everything. Perhaps certain memory locations need to be "wiped" and the settings reloaded from scratch for the firmware updates to work.

I am reluctant to test this as our BX2000 is mission critical and I don't really want to buy a second one!

Oh - and by the way, I can confirm the POTS line quality is abysmal and very noisy, but not a problem for us as we don't use the analogue line. I did report this months ago.