DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

International prefix issue

More
13 Sep 2019 16:21 #1 by ukengb
International prefix issue was created by ukengb
I've been using my 2820 IPPX (Firmware Version : 3.5.10.2_2471201) for quite a few years now in the UK and no problems at all really. However I now do seem to have a problem with UK numbers beginning with the +44 international prefix. The fact this has not occurred before must mean that we never previously tried using numbers configured like that. Anyway...

When the number +44xxxxxxxxxx is dialled at an extension (tried several different ones) with the intention of calling 0xxxxxxxxxx via the PSTN line, instead it reaches an answerphone at an unknown number and since the message speaker's accent is American, it rather concerns me that an international call has been made. Although I cannot imagine where that could be.

When I check the call detail records it lists that call as to 9/+44xxxxxxxxxx, so it is using the PSTN line (PSTN trunk number is 9) but it is certainly NOT going to 0xxxxxxxxxx and I'm not sure how to figure out to where it is going.

So I thought I'd create a rule to look for +44 and replace it with 0, but it appears I cannot have + in the rule.

In fact I did construct a rule using ? instead, but then have to rely on length of the dialled number to indicate it's international, but that's a bit of a kludge to fix a problem that shouldn't really be there. Is there perhaps some other setting I've missed that can be made to allow the Vigor to correctly deal with international prefixed numbers. Surely this is not a unique requirement?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami