DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Call Transfer button (lack of)

More
13 Sep 2019 17:41 #1 by ukengb
Call Transfer button (lack of) was created by ukengb
Is it possible to transfer a call when the phone has no specific Transfer button? Is it possible to set up some other button or sequence that will provide the means to effect the transfer?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Sep 2019 12:51 #2 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Call Transfer button (lack of)
You've not stated what product you're talking about? Is this a phone ? An app ? Software ?

Forum Administrator

More
20 Sep 2019 09:11 #3 by ukengb
Replied by ukengb on topic Re: Call Transfer button (lack of)
Well, it's in the IPPBX section and I thought my question was clear that I'm looking for an IPPBX function.

However, you're right, I should have stated that I am referring to the 2820 IPPBX.

I realise there may be no such transfer code, but I thought it possible that there is. So ANY phone can make a transfer, even if it has no specific transfer button.

More
20 Sep 2019 10:37 #4 by admin
On older PBXs you had a choice of LD and ER but IP PBXs recognise neither as they are in-band analogue signalling systems. On an FXS phone port, some will recognise LD break... I'm not sure if the Vigor will, but probably not... I'd ask support. Is this an analogue phone you're using?

Forum Administrator

More
20 Sep 2019 13:07 #5 by ukengb
Replied by ukengb on topic Re: Call Transfer button (lack of)
There's one analogue and several softphones.

I could buy a different softphone with transfer capability, but trying to first determine if there's any way to avoid that and use the one I already have.

More
22 Sep 2019 07:43 #6 by admin
I'd expect most analogue phones to have a recall button, but I can't remember if the PBX2820
supports that...and the softphones would normally have the function...so I really can't be much help :-)

Forum Administrator

Moderators: Sami