DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2nd FSX port not working Vigor 2925Vn+

• herbary
  • Topic Author
More
07 Apr 2020 23:35 #1 by herbary
Greetings everyone, hope you can help me out here. I've been running my Vigor 2925Vn+ for a couple of years now with a SIP line on FSX port 1 - no problems and everything okay.

I have created a separate SIP account with the same provider as the first one, and copied all the settings so they are identical between accounts. The account registers ok... However, the second FSX port (which is confusingly called 'Line' doesn't detect me taking the phone off the 'hook' or dialing anything. When I switch phones around, the second phone works with the first account - so I know the phone talks to the 2925... it just seems that the 2925 isn't listening on the second port.

Is there some magic setting I've missed so far? I thought I'd associated each account with their respective physical port, but I'm stumped and don't quite know where to look!

Many thanks,

Herbary

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Apr 2020 12:26 #2 by admin3
Replied by admin3 on topic Re: 2nd FSX port not working Vigor 2925Vn+
The 'Line' port on the 2925Vn+ is an analogue telephone line input, which allows phones connected to the router to make and receive calls through that analogue line, or use it if the router is switched off.

The Phone 1/2 port on the 2925Vn+ requires a splitter to use both phone ports, there should be one in the box. It splits out the single RJ-11 port to 2 BT telephone connectors.

Forum Administrator

• herbary
  • Topic Author
More
14 Apr 2020 04:50 #3 by herbary
Replied by herbary on topic Re: 2nd FSX port not working Vigor 2925Vn+
Thanks for that admin3,

It turns out I've lost the splitter. I'm not sure if the splitter has any active components in it: i'm going to try to make one splicing a cable... I assume line 1 uses the middle pair, and line 2 the outer pair... at least that's the reasoning. I'll have a go and see if it works!

Thanks for the heads up...

H

More
14 Apr 2020 10:26 #4 by admin3
Replied by admin3 on topic Re: 2nd FSX port not working Vigor 2925Vn+
Yep, inner pair is port 1, outer pair is port 2 :)

Forum Administrator