DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Configure Vigor 2800VG as a "VOIP Adapter" on LAN

• bbdray
  • Topic Author
More
21 Jul 2020 22:39 #1 by bbdray
Hi,

Hoping someone can help with a somewhat random request.

I have inherited a Vigor 2800VG and am hoping to use this as a way of turning an analogue phone system (Gigaset SL400A) into a VOIP system (using Voipfone as my SIP provider). I've used a softphone on my PC to confirm the SIP settings are correct and have mirrored these in the Vigor. I have no need for the ADSL connection and I have connected the Vigor on one of the four LAN interfaces to a switch. DHCP has been disabled and an appropriate Static IP assigned.

I believe the problem is that the Vigor cannot "see" the internet, despite the fact that a device plugged into a neighbouring LAN port can. I believe this is the case because when I try and ping a remote IP e.g. 8.8.8.8 via the web interface (or using telnet) the request times out. The same is not true for the neighbouring device which can access the internet and ping 8.8.8.8 without incident.

I'm not sure if this is relevant or of interest but I cannot get the time to update (either using the browser time or an NTP server), it simply stays at Jan 2000....

Even if the phone system was not compatible, I'm assuming I should still be able to validate the SIP registration in the router.

Most of what I'm doing is in the interest of learning and not chucking perfectly good (if a little old) kit in the bin.

All help appreciated!

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bbdray
  • Topic Author
More
21 Jul 2020 23:45 #2 by bbdray
Fixed it 10 minutes later. Didn't realise I could set the default gateway on the WAN interface without using the DSL port. All working, happy days.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.