Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Call Transfer on 2800V - not working

• bmattey
  • Topic Author
More
30 May 2006 12:34 #1 by bmattey
Call Transfer on 2800V - not working was created by bmattey
Hi,

I've just swapped a 2600V for a 2800V and discovered that call transfer (by pressing the recall button) no longer works. It's connecting to Asterisk by the way.

With the 2600V on 2.5.7 it worked fine - same phones same SIP accounts ... but now with the 2800V it doesn't work.

Has anyone out there have a similar experience ... and perhaps any ideas for a solution?

Thanks

Brian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bmattey
  • Topic Author
More
30 May 2006 12:48 #2 by bmattey
Replied by bmattey on topic Call Transfer on 2800V - not working
Hi,

Solved my own problem ... upgraded to 2.6.4.1 RC2 and call transfer works again :-)

So there must be a fix related to this in 2.6.4.1 RC2 ... but nothing mentioned in the release notes.

Brian

More
26 Jul 2006 15:00 #3 by rapsystems
Replied by rapsystems on topic Call Transfer on 2800V - not working
Hi

I have a 2800VG with firmware 2.7_E38 and cannot get the call transfer to work. I have enabled call waiting and call transfer in the router settings. I can put the caller on hold but when I enter the number to transfer to nothing happens for a while and then I get an engaged tone. I am using the Gradwell voip serivice. They put a trace on the line and say could not see any requests for a call transfer being sent from the router!

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Roger

More
26 Jul 2006 17:12 #4 by philip_l
Replied by philip_l on topic Call Transfer on 2800V - not working
Hi

Same here, can not get call transfer to work, and callerID on call waiting doesn't work either (did with a SpeedTouch 716). I also can not switch to a waiting call (using latest and Squeezebox firmware).

Regards

Phil

More
27 Jul 2006 15:57 #5 by rapsystems
Replied by rapsystems on topic Call Transfer on 2800V - not working
Call transfer is now working.

I changed DTMF mode to OutBand(RFC2833). To transfer a call I use the recall button to put the caller on hold and enter the extension number followed by # key.

More
23 Feb 2007 13:42 #6 by lineofsight
Replied by lineofsight on topic Call Transfer on 2800V - not working
I've tried everything I can think of to get call transfer to work.

rapsystems - please can you clarify what you mean by call transfer. Are you transfering calls (using the recall button) between the 2 extensions on the smae router or are you talking about taking a call on your phone ove your SIP account and then using the recall button, transfering the call to another SIP account (different house / city / country). If this is the case please could you post an image of your advanced settings so I can get set up the same and see if I can get the call transfer facility to work as I need.

Thanks in advance.

Moderators: Sami