DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2930 Port Forwarding - Internal/Private IP

• gristy
  • Topic Author
More
17 Nov 2008 14:14 #1 by gristy
Hi,

I have a 2930 which I need to configure port forwarding on to an internal/private LAN that isn't the private LAN that the 2930 actually sits on. I have a seperate router that controls all internal routing and the 2930 has suitable routes configured. But whenever I try to add the port forward the 2930 web interface complains that the Private IP is an invalid address, I assume as it isn't in the subnet it is aware of for the internal connection, even though it can route to the address fine and ping to/from it.

Is there any way round this?

Thanks

Simon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Nov 2008 20:32 #2 by louis-m
Replied by louis-m on topic 2930 Port Forwarding - Internal/Private IP
surely it should be able to port forward to the wan side of the router that you refer to? that router will then have to have port redirection to the server etc that your require

2820 = 3.3.2_RC5
2950 = 3.2.4

• gristy
  • Topic Author
More
17 Nov 2008 21:01 #3 by gristy
Replied by gristy on topic 2930 Port Forwarding - Internal/Private IP
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Ideally I don't want to have to port forward or NAT the traffic on the internal router, so I'd like the 2930 to handle the NAT/port forward from its WAN to the internal LAN, even though its not on the same LAN subnet, I wouldn't of thought this is difficult to achieve, I have done it before on devices such as a Smoothwall. It just seems that the Vigor 2930 web interface is doing this check on the Private IP and not allowing it.

Any more help appreciatted.

Thanks

Simon

More
18 Nov 2008 11:24 #4 by louis-m
Replied by louis-m on topic 2930 Port Forwarding - Internal/Private IP
you are looking at setting a static route then or using the second subnet for ip routing feature.
i still can't see how you would be able to get an incoming connection pass the second router unless that is configured to allow it.

2820 = 3.3.2_RC5
2950 = 3.2.4

More
17 Jun 2009 15:29 #5 by davidcarter
Replied by davidcarter on topic 2930 Port Forwarding - Internal/Private IP
As a follow up to this, I am confuring my first 2820n and it wouldn't allow me to add any Private IP's that aren't on the same range as the 2820n (ie. 2820n = 192.168.3.180 - Server on 192.168.3.180, static route defined to Layer 3 switch). I had to telnet to it and tun the command: srv nat portmap add <id (1)> <name (AWC)> <protocol (tcp/udp)> <public port (80)> <private ip (192.168.3.180)> <private port (80) <wan1/wan2>

Stupidly annoying, it shouldn't matter if it's not on the same subnet or not, this needs to be fixed in the web gui to be honest.

Regards

• gristy
  • Topic Author
More
17 Jun 2009 15:39 #6 by gristy
Replied by gristy on topic 2930 Port Forwarding - Internal/Private IP
thanks David, I will give that a try.

Moderators: Sami