DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2820Vn - suddenly stopped working.

• airchie
  • Topic Author
More
21 Jan 2009 21:12 #1 by airchie
Hi all,

My first post here since all of my previous Draytek kit has worked faultlessly.

I just purchased a Vigor 2820Vn and it's been installed and working just fine for two weeks. I have a Vigor 100 connected to the WAN2 for load balancing over my two ADSL lines.

I was enabling VPN passthru earlier and the 2820 rebooted as expected but never came back up.

Instead I have an odd sequence of lights going on and factory reset doesn't appear to have any effect.

Light sequence is (with all cables except power removed):

Power on -> ACT/USB/CSM on (all others off)
ACT/USB/CSM go off after 10 secs
All lights except DSL flash once
ACT/WLAN come on
ACT off, WLAN stays on for 10 secs
All lights except DSL flash once
Sequence repeats from the top.

I can't find any information on this yet and thought I'd ask here in case anyone has seen it before.

Thanks in advance.

Pat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jan 2009 23:53 #2 by drewy
Replied by drewy on topic Vigor 2820Vn - suddenly stopped working.
not to worry :)

looks like some how the firmware has become corrupted.
If you install the router tools, look on the draytek download site for them.
You'll also need a .rst (reset) copy of the firmware you want to flash.

Someplace either on here or on drayteks how to docs you'll find info on how to force a re-flash via tftp.

If you can't find the info, post back and I'll try and dig it out for u tomorrow when i have more time.

• airchie
  • Topic Author
More
22 Jan 2009 07:07 #3 by airchie
Replied by airchie on topic Vigor 2820Vn - suddenly stopped working.

drewy wrote: not to worry :)

looks like some how the firmware has become corrupted.
If you install the router tools, look on the draytek download site for them.
You'll also need a .rst (reset) copy of the firmware you want to flash.

Someplace either on here or on drayteks how to docs you'll find info on how to force a re-flash via tftp.

If you can't find the info, post back and I'll try and dig it out for u tomorrow when i have more time.

Thanks Drewy,

Just picked up your reply this morning. I'll look up the TFTP flash instructions later today.

But, I left the router switched on overnight and checked it this morning and it seems to have reset itself - well DSL & WLAN light is on, ACT is flashing normally and the LAN port lights are active. Very odd - I'll check the router out later too.

• airchie
  • Topic Author
More
22 Jan 2009 18:30 #4 by airchie
Replied by airchie on topic Vigor 2820Vn - suddenly stopped working.
The router looked fine when I got round to checking it - until I made a change that required a further reboot.

It went back in to the odd light sequence for about 5 minutes before coming back up.

When it was available again I upgraded the firmware to 3.3.0 and it seems ok at the moment.

• waxil
  • User
  • User
More
05 May 2009 15:03 #5 by waxil
Replied by waxil on topic Vigor 2820Vn - suddenly stopped working.
My 2600We was doing a similar light sequence and seemed to be locked in a reboot loop. It would reply to the odd ping, but wouldn't allow access to the web config or the firmware update app.
Also, the reset button would not do anything, but I noticed that if you held down the reset button, it would reply to ping!
So, I managed to flash the firmware with the .rst one, whilst having to hold the factory reset button in throughout.. Then it let me flash it again with the .all firmware.
It now seems to be back functioning correctly, but I could find no other cases of having to hold the factory reset button whilst doing the flash.
Hope this is of some use to someone else who also thought that there was no other way to resolve.