DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2950 - Mapping Ports to Hosts causes conflicts

• ghostydog
  • Topic Author
More
23 Jan 2009 13:57 #1 by ghostydog
Hi,

We have a Vigor 2950 Router, we have 2 ADSL connections one with a BT Copper Provider the other with a Cable Provider.

I have a customer facing website reverse proxied via ISA 2006 on my LAN and ports forward from WAN1 to the host.

I have other web based services that I need to configure and have configured port forwards for various services that provide a web itnerface but on different ports.

It seems now though that I have hit some sort of limit and if I enable another port redirection my customer facing website becomes unavailable.

I've tried changing ports, but they all seem to conflict in some way with the port 80 redirect I have configured.

Anybody else come up against this issue?

Thanks

GD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jun 2009 13:56 #2 by julianp-cit
Replied by julianp-cit on topic Similar Issue
Hi there,

I've got a similar problem. Same router, two ADSL lines.

I'm trying to utilise the load balancing functionality via NAT, to a MS TMG Server (latest ISA server). Ports 25, 110 and 143 forward to the TMG box and subsequently to the Exchange server, but port 80 and 443 don't.

I've turned off remote management, and even changed the internal management ports to 8080 and 4343 for SSL. Still no luck. The only way I can get it to function at present is to not use NAT and route ISP public IP's to the ISA box, but this eliminates the use of one of the ADSL connections which just sits there doing nothing.

• ghostydog
  • Topic Author
More
23 Jun 2009 11:32 #3 by ghostydog
Replied by ghostydog on topic Re: Similar Issue

julianp-cit wrote: Hi there,

I've got a similar problem. Same router, two ADSL lines.

I'm trying to utilise the load balancing functionality via NAT, to a MS TMG Server (latest ISA server). Ports 25, 110 and 143 forward to the TMG box and subsequently to the Exchange server, but port 80 and 443 don't.

I've turned off remote management, and even changed the internal management ports to 8080 and 4343 for SSL. Still no luck. The only way I can get it to function at present is to not use NAT and route ISP public IP's to the ISA box, but this eliminates the use of one of the ADSL connections which just sits there doing nothing.

I got mine working by taking the box back to factory defaults then applying the latest full firmware release then re applying the configuration thatb had been backed up beforehand, now all seems to be working as it should.

I tried an in situ firmware update but that carried the problems across so only way to fix was the full firmware update.

Additionally for multi wan load balancing you might want to look at this, if the draytek doesn't seem to want to work.

www.untangle.com

Hope this helps.

GD

Moderators: Sami