Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Show Commands / Router Documentation

• support@redblade.co.uk
  • Topic Author
More
05 May 2009 17:25 #1 by support@redblade.co.uk
Show Commands / Router Documentation was created by support@redblade.co.uk
Hi

I am new to this forum and am looking for a way to document our router configurations. I am not sure if this has already been discussed, sorry if it has. But here is what I would like..

I would like to be able to pull our routers config out via the cli. I am not looking to backup the configuration here, as this would be reliant on an engineer taking a backup on a regular basis and then updating the documentation. I would like to remove this dependancy. The scenario is I am using Rancid to backup my Cisco and HP configurations and I would like to add our draytek routers to this. I have configured the basics of a rancid script that does pull some config and does basic error checking (commands dont seem to be consistent across router models). So far I have the following commands working, no particular order, at present this is what we need to get.

sys version
sys cc
xdsl ppp
xdsl annex
show lan1
show lan2
ip route status
adsl ppp
adsl annex
show dhcp
show dmz
show dns
show openport
srv nat portmap table
mngt accesslist list
vpn l2lset 1
vpn l2lset 2
vpn l2lset 3
vpn l2lset 4
vpn l2lset 5
vlan status
srv nat showall

Partly working (works on some but hangs on others, doesnt work on 2820, works on 3100)

sys iface - hangs when prompted to press space or enter

Not working (this is due to the ? at the end)

mngt echoicmp ?
mngt httpport ?
mngt httpsport ?
mngt noping ?
mngt telnetport ?

Now a few requests / questions

1) Is there away for the good people at Draytek, to provide a sort of "show run " command that lists all the above details, in 1 command
2) the VPN scripts dont list the vpn termination points, what is the command to list this
3) Can we get the mngt commands to list the details without a ? at the end
4) is there a away to set a command not to prompt for user input when the response goes over a page
5) Is there a way for me to list the firewall settings, including port and device groups
6) Different Routers seem to have different, exit codes ie when quit is typed the returned message is not always the same, is there a way to standardise this

I think this is all for now.

I would like to thank you for any advise or help in advance

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.