DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820 and ADSL2+(G.992.5) and ADSL2(G.992.3)

• terry allan
  • Topic Author
More
18 May 2009 10:56 #7 by terry allan
Replied by terry allan on topic 2820 and ADSL2+(G.992.5) and ADSL2(G.992.3)
Thanks for comments. I see that the SNR margin has been dropped to 15 but no real change in connection speed so far. The router is still also registering a connection status of G.992.3 despite being set to G.992.5. ISP seems to be unwilling to engage in any meaningful type of dialogue. I don't know if that means that the iSP is getting the run-around from BT, just doesn't know the answer, or is just not very communicative. It is very frustrating!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jun 2009 18:01 #8 by gordondack
Replied by gordondack on topic 2820 and ADSL2+(G.992.5) and ADSL2(G.992.3)

Terry Allan wrote: Thanks for comments. I see that the SNR margin has been dropped to 15 but no real change in connection speed so far. The router is still also registering a connection status of G.992.3 despite being set to G.992.5. ISP seems to be unwilling to engage in any meaningful type of dialogue. I don't know if that means that the iSP is getting the run-around from BT, just doesn't know the answer, or is just not very communicative. It is very frustrating!

Have you tried Multi Mode? as this will automatically lock on ADSL2+ I find.

• k.beeby@albion.co.uk
More
05 Aug 2009 16:38 #9 by k.beeby@albion.co.uk
Replied by k.beeby@albion.co.uk on topic 2820 and ADSL2+(G.992.5) and ADSL2(G.992.3)
Hi,

Did you ever manage to resolve?

I have exactly the same issue (but have two new ADSL2+ lines and two new Draytek 2820 routers both showing the same issue) and I'm also getting the runaround. :(

Keith

Moderators: Sami