DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Help with 2820 setup for utorrent, I'm going crazy....

• trixster101
  • Topic Author
More
28 May 2009 01:01 #1 by trixster101
Basically, I uninstalled Vuze cos it never turned green for the seeding and loaded utorrent to see if that was any better, however this still tells me I have no incoming connections but everything is as it should be and this is driving me mad..

Setup a P2P Object called torrents with none blocked.
Setup a CSM App profile called the same.
Setup the TCP & UDP connections in the firewall to be passed straight away and set to the correct port I'm using 43064 with the P2P filter selected.
Setup Open Ports for 43064.

Now as far as I can see this should allow everything through, coupled with the fact I have disabled vista's firewall for the moment even though I have every program setting for utorrent possible in there :roll: but still no joy..

Anyone have any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 May 2009 08:42 #2 by danielgwalter
Replied by danielgwalter on topic Help with 2820 setup for utorrent, I'm going crazy....
hi, its been a while but from memory you only really need the port redirection feature to send incoming traffic on your utorrent tcp ports to the utorrent client machine.

as a test, turn off all firewall rules on the router, make sure the port redirection is set up

next go to the client machine and on the uTorrent menu there is an item for speed check. I think in there it opens a web page to see if your ports are forwarding correctly. if all is well then turn your firewall on and test again (at the least you will know which element is breaking the chain).

regs,

Dan

• trixster101
  • Topic Author
More
28 May 2009 13:16 #3 by trixster101
Aye did all that beforehand, according to both utorrent & grc the port is open and ready for business which is annoying.

That's why I've run it to the config above just in case the filters were blocking the traffic, but to no avail.. :(

Might dig out my old usr router and see if that lets it through, at least it will narrow down a little.

ty

More
29 May 2009 10:10 #4 by middling

Trixster101 wrote:
Anyone have any ideas?

None of the settings you have are necessary.

1) Bind the MAC of your torrenting computer to a specific IP so you always get the same IP.

2) Under NAT/Port Redirection create a rule with the following settings:

Mode: Single
Service Name: BitTorrent
Protocol: TCP
WAN IP: Select-External-IP
Public Port: 43064
Private IP: THE-IP-YOU-BOUND-TO-YOUR-COMPUTER
Private Port: 43064

3) Create another rule with the same settings as above but using the UDP protocol.

That's it, you're good to go.

More
29 May 2009 10:52 #5 by louis-m
middling is right.
start at the basic level. middlings post will allow it to work. you will be protected by the nat side of things as with the majority of people and their routers.
if you want to really tighten things up afterwards, you can use the firewall rules to block outgoing/incoming ports.
the csm etc is only used if you want to block content etc which in this case you don't.

2820 = 3.3.2_RC5
2950 = 3.2.4

• trixster101
  • Topic Author
More
31 May 2009 21:44 #6 by trixster101
Thanks, will reset everything and try from there :)

Only had csm with nothing selected so the router would not block any traffic, had gotten to the stage of try anything :D

Moderators: Sami