DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Firmware update issues "Draytek File System Invalid&quo

• timgaunt
  • Topic Author
More
10 Jun 2009 10:07 #1 by timgaunt
Hi,

I've read around a few of the forums on this and haven't managed to get anywhere with it, the issue is that although I can initially connect to the router with the update utility, the file is sent and then the connection times out. I've tried it over wireless and wired.

The three lights to the left in the main cluster (Vigor V2820VN) flash suggesting that it's ready and configured but nothing ever happens.

If I goto the web frontent, I just get this:
Draytek File System Invalid.
The file system of Web-based UI is inconsistent with router's firmware. Please check the firmware version

Is there anyway I can force the router to reset even just so I can get the TFTP working?

I've tried just connecting my laptop over ethernet too (removing all other connections) and it can never get an IP as it just times out, I'm not sure if that's relevant. Setting a static IP meant that it couldn't see the router...

Any help apprechiated.

Thanks.

Tim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jun 2009 13:57 #2 by telagente
Had exactly the same error message after attempting upgrade of firmware on my 2820n. The router actually worked but I couldn't access the web page, just got that message. Support advised me to re load firmware using the utility, which I did. However the router didn't reboot after the upload, just sat there with lights flashing. This happened several times so with with heart in mouth I used the utility again but this time switching router off and back on after the firmware upload had finished. To my relief It started up and all was ok.
Firmware has loaded since with no problems.
Telagente

• timgaunt
  • Topic Author
More
10 Jun 2009 14:50 #3 by timgaunt
Thanks Telagente, however I've tried leaving it off etc for a while and still nothing, everytime I use the Firmware Upgrade Utility (v3.) it connects initially, sets the router up for transfer and then responds "Request time ou. Transfer Abort!".

Tim

• timgaunt
  • Topic Author
More
10 Jun 2009 15:11 #4 by timgaunt
Urgh, I was being a numpty with the upgrade utility, the firewall was getting in the way.

It looks like it's uploading but it's hanging at about 80%. The lights on the router have gone back to normal, has it quit the update? How can I tell if it's finished? There's clearly activity on the port I've got plugged in (the only one plugged in)

Tim

• timgaunt
  • Topic Author
More
10 Jun 2009 15:12 #5 by timgaunt
Scrub that, it's just come up with "ACK signal time out. Transfer Abort!"

Back to google ;)

Moderators: Sami