Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820 & 3100 DHCP Problem

• aatthowe
  • Topic Author
More
10 Jun 2009 17:43 #1 by aatthowe
2820 & 3100 DHCP Problem was created by aatthowe
Hi,

I am looking for some help in troubleshooting a customers set up which has a issue. They have a ADSL line with a Draytek 2820G router with DHCP enabled and a Draytek 3100 SDSL router with DHCP disabled but on the same subnet and ip range. There is a 24 port D-Link Gigabit switch which has some really basic management features, i.e. set the IP address, DHCP disabled. They have a win 2003 server with DHCP disabled, also a Buffalo NAS drive but there is no option for DHCP on this. Now the 7 desktop computers all have static ip addresses assigned to them and work fine, any wireless clients also work fine picking up an ip address via the 2820 router which is the only wireless device on the network. However one of the users in the office now wants to be able to plug in his laptop via a network cable as it is not wireless enabled. When he does this is showed up that it cant not pick up a ip address via DHCP. I tired it on another machine to find the same thing, if I input a ip address manually it works fine. It did used to work but no more for some reason, I have restarted the server, both routers and the NAS drive to no avail. I have set the 3100 to relay DHCP requests to the ip address of the 2820. Windows firewall is off, no other firewall software is installed on the machines but the draytek routers both have their firewalls on. I have also tried it with the NAS drive and the 3100 router turned off which made no difference. I also upgraded the 2820 to the latest firmware 3.3.1.2 again no joy. Any helpful suggestion?

Thanks

Andy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami