Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

SNMP Query

• gamaha
  • Topic Author
More
14 Jun 2009 12:41 #1 by gamaha
SNMP Query was created by gamaha
Hello,

I'm hoping to use SNMP to monitor my Draytek Vigor on my site and a number of customer sites. Could anyone please advise me where I can get a complete Draytek MIB for this ? I'm particularly interested in monitoring bytes per second in and out on the WAN interfaces - is there an OID that can do this ? My current monitoring software is capturing the total octets in and out but cannot calculate the deltas.

Thanks in advance for any and all assistance,

Gareth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jun 2009 18:41 #2 by lorian
Replied by lorian on topic SNMP Query
depends what model it is. try a search you'll find OIDs for several interesting data items in pasts posts for several models. otherwise try getif (google "getif" "mib").

• gamaha
  • Topic Author
More
15 Jun 2009 23:17 #3 by gamaha
Replied by gamaha on topic SNMP Query
Thanks Lorien, it's a 2820n, if that helps at all? I'll have a look at getif.

More
29 Jun 2009 20:07 #4 by jmn
Replied by jmn on topic SNMP Query
To get the MIBs you could also ask the router:

snmpwalk -v 2c -c public xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

assuming that you have setup the router in the Management window and xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is the router admin address

John

PS: if you don't have snmp routines, visit www.net-snmp.org

JMN

More
30 Jun 2009 14:44 #5 by habile
Replied by habile on topic SNMP Query

gamaha wrote: Thanks Lorien, it's a 2820n, if that helps at all? I'll have a look at getif.

The 2820n appears to have the IF-MIB (mib2), RFC1213 (routing), IP-MIB (not very useful), TCP/UDP-MIB, SMI (transmission) [adsl stuff / sync speed, SNR etc.]

The SNMP agent isn't fully compliant but it works enough to get usable stats out of it.

You would use the IF-MIB to collect data such as in and out octets (.1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.10. and .1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.16.) - where is the ifindex (number) of the interface you are interested in. Mostly I think you'll find that the WAN1 interface [adsl] is instance = 4.

Have fun.

C.

Moderators: Sami