Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Access rule setup

• nhalai0103
  • Topic Author
More
19 Jun 2009 10:59 #1 by nhalai0103
Access rule setup was created by nhalai0103
Hi

Can anybody help or is it possible to do on 2800G router.

I want to allow RDP access to my home server on port 3389, I have opened this port in NAT, open ports and specified public ip to forward to private ip. But can I specify to allow traffic from a certain IP only? At the moment I have this port open to all IPs fron outside (not good security). For my other machines I have changed the default port to other than 3389 but would like to find a way to restrict access from ip ranges.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jun 2009 11:19 #2 by lorian
Replied by lorian on topic Access rule setup
yes,

1. open the port

2 create a (data) rule to allow on the inbound source IP address to the destination and port

3. creat a rule straight after the previous one that drops all inbound addresses to your server and destination port.*

I actuall have an explicit drop all to my server at the end of my rulset just incase I forget, and it's tidier.

• nhalai0103
  • Topic Author
More
19 Jun 2009 12:27 #3 by nhalai0103
Replied by nhalai0103 on topic Access rule setup
Hi

Thanks for the reply, I have tried that but still getting access even if I block all.

What I did, open port 3389 for wan>int ip
Filter setup, data filter, filter rule 1 - pass immediately, direction IN, source ip, no ports specified, destination ip, port 3389 for start and end.

filter rule 2 - block if no further match, direction IN, source any, destination, wan ip port 3389.

I have several wan ip's available but I use NAT, as internally I use private IPs.

More
19 Jun 2009 12:30 #4 by lorian
Replied by lorian on topic Access rule setup
make sure the rulset(s) are linked together. If that doesn't help post screenshots please.

Moderators: Sami