DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820VN freezes over night

• cengizulusahin
  • Topic Author
More
25 Jun 2009 11:50 #1 by cengizulusahin
2820VN freezes over night was created by cengizulusahin
I have 2820VN (firmware 3.3.1.2_232201) installed at my head office.

It started freezing over night!

Since I don't know why 2820Vn freezes I thought I'll give you a little information on my setup;

I have a 8mg BT dsl connection. The filter has been replaced countless times.
I'm runing 4 IPSec Tunnels from the 2820Vn to my branch routers.
No VoIP is installed.
No USB deviece is attached to it.
UPnp enabled.
Wireless enabled.
I have a SBS 2008 box installed behind the firewall, all required ports are forwarded.
I also have a desktop which runs 24 hours a day and is used to collect data from my branches via the VPNs, again the required ports are forwaded.
All branches and my head office have static IPs.
I recently disabled QoS... I read somewhere on the forum that this causes reboots.

The freezing tends to happen over night. During the day everything works ok apart from the rare random reboot.

Each time freezing occurs, it's different.

For example, when I came into the office this morning, all LEDs on the 2820, including the LAN port LEDs, were lighting constantly. Only the WAN2 was not. The whole network was down!

During normal operation > only WLAN ACT and DSL flashes plus the LAN ports.

The day before, the LAN LEDs were all turned off, the rest of the LEDs were functioning as normal. The whole network was down again!

A power cycle seems to cure the problem but why is this happening.

It seems like a lot of people have trouble with rebooting 2820s. My 2820Vn reboots are rare and I'm ok with it. But the freezing is a problem. Because when it happens over the weekend there is no one to reboot the router. Hence email down, VPN's are down > I can't retrieve data. A big mess.

Could this be VPN related, although these past two days I succesfully retrieved data from my branches. I retrieve data between 3 and 4 in the morning by the way. I 'm thiking maybe after I retrieve data, the router some how overloads and locks up?????

I think, I'm going to put the router power on daily power cycle using a timer.

Help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Jun 2009 13:50 #2 by dmelliott
Replied by dmelliott on topic Heat?
this happened to a 2820 and it was been cause by the router overheating - could this be your issue?

David

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami