DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

NAT Active Sessions Table does not clear

• howard simpson
  • Topic Author
More
26 Jun 2009 08:10 #1 by howard simpson
NAT Active Sessions Table does not clear was created by howard simpson
I have noticed that the NAT Active Sesions Table on my 2820 does not clear after a PC is shutdown and disconnected from the network, a refresh does not clear it either. I am on 3.3.1 but it did it with previous versions. Anybody else noticed this.

Howard

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Jun 2009 22:34 #2 by davidbstanley
Replied by davidbstanley on topic Re: NAT Active Sessions Table does not clear

Howard Simpson wrote: I have noticed that the NAT Active Sesions Table on my 2820 does not clear after a PC is shutdown and disconnected from the network, a refresh does not clear it either. I am on 3.3.1 but it did it with previous versions. Anybody else noticed this.

Yes, noticed it too! I think it was OK with 3.2.1. No problems on a 2930 with 3.2.1 firmware.

More
04 Jul 2009 09:34 #3 by groov
Replied by groov on topic NAT Active Sessions Table does not clear
Sent an email to draytek about this and they were totally in denial ..
Even data flow monitor does not keep an accurate number of sessions.

Why do they have features in their products that do not work beggars belief.. and when you ask them about it they are either too thik to comprehend or act as if you are the one who's wrong...

More
04 Jul 2009 09:44 #4 by admin

Howard Simpson wrote: I have noticed that the NAT Active Sesions Table on my 2820 does not clear after a PC is shutdown

Why would it? The router doesn't know you shutdown the PC and that the PC isn't expecting more data.

Forum Administrator

More
05 Jul 2009 02:51 #5 by groov
Replied by groov on topic NAT Active Sessions Table does not clear
Why pick on the most attackable sentence ? What avout the rest ?

As I said .. the dataflow monitor is showing something like 100 sessions when in effect the PC has about 1 or 2 sessions active..

It is innacurate and draytek should either remove that feature of fix it .. simple as that.

• howard simpson
  • Topic Author
More
06 Jul 2009 11:56 #6 by howard simpson
Replied by howard simpson on topic NAT Active Sessions Table does not clear
Admin said "Why would it? The router doesn't know you shutdown the PC and that the PC isn't expecting more data"

Well then, what is the point of the table then if it records every session that has ever been? It's just going to fill up with junk and what's the purpose of the refresh button? All it will do is add any new entries!

However despite what admin said the table does seem to occasionally refresh properly as I would expect it to work, but I haven't worked out what triggers it.

Howard

Moderators: Sami