DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

NAT Active Sessions Table does not clear

More
06 Jul 2009 13:24 #7 by macavity
Replied by macavity on topic NAT Session Timeout
The timeout values for a nat session depend on the connection state and the type of connection. For example UDP and TCP are different and a successfully established TCP session has a larger timeout than TCP session that is still in the handshake phase.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Jul 2009 18:44 #8 by thong
Replied by thong on topic Re: NAT Session Timeout

Macavity wrote: The timeout values for a nat session depend on the connection state and the type of connection. For example UDP and TCP are different and a successfully established TCP session has a larger timeout than TCP session that is still in the handshake phase.

This is also a problem for me, I cant see current nat sessions because the list is full of old nat sessions that NEVER time out, or if they do they are not removed from the list.
Plus the list is only one page long and does not appear to be long enough to show all the nat sessions.
Only a router reboot can remove the phantom nat sessions

My Billion router shows the nat sessions and their current timeout status with multiple pages

More
27 Jul 2009 20:30 #9 by drewy
Replied by drewy on topic NAT Active Sessions Table does not clear
from the release notes of firmware 3.3.1.2

"36. Improved: telnet command for flush nat portmaps; it maybe useful for some conditions portmapsetting –f"

I'm guessing but I don't think they would have introduced this if there weren't problems...

And yes I've had massive problems with it. Try a few torrent downloads and very quickly you can have thousands of NAT sessions hanging around. In my particular case once I get more than 4-5K sessions parts of the admin menus start disappearing :(

• howard simpson
  • Topic Author
More
05 Aug 2009 09:23 #10 by howard simpson
Replied by howard simpson on topic NAT Active Sessions Table does not clear
Update the latest firmware 3.3.2 fixes this issue

Howard

Moderators: Sami