DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2800 v2.8.2 Rebooting

• gadgetman
  • Topic Author
More
06 Jul 2009 16:02 #1 by gadgetman
Vigor 2800 v2.8.2 Rebooting was created by gadgetman
I have a Vigor 2800 which I have recently upgraded from v2.8.1 to v2.8.2 (E.38.2.23 Annex A) firmware to try and solve a problem with a noisy phone line connected to TalkTalk causing sync to be lost.

I have now had the noisy phone line fixed and the ADSL service seems reasonably stable with sync speeds of Upload 1,024,000 bps, Download 7,584,000 bps, SNR 8.0 db and Loop Att of 23.5 db.

However; since updating the firmware, the rooter seems to reboot itself every three or four days.

Just before I revert to the v2.8.1. firmware, which never ever rebooted itself, has anyone else encountered this problem – and have a fix?

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jul 2009 11:57 #2 by m0bov
Replied by m0bov on topic Vigor 2800 v2.8.2 Rebooting
Try factory defaulting it, doing the .rst upgrade (the one that erases settings). Do this twice, then another factory default, then manually enter your settings in.

• gadgetman
  • Topic Author
More
11 Jul 2009 12:53 #3 by gadgetman
Replied by gadgetman on topic Vigor 2800 v2.8.2 Rebooting
Thanks for your response.

I have actually gone back to v2.8.1 and it has been stable for 101 hours so far. Much better than I ever achieved with v2.8.2.

As I am not seeing any difference in performance or functionality with this release, I'll stick with it and try your suggestion if I get further problems.

Thanks.

Moderators: Sami