Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2800G and HP TX2130

• chippy99
  • Topic Author
More
08 Jul 2009 11:41 #1 by chippy99
2800G and HP TX2130 was created by chippy99
Hi all,

I have been running with an 2800G for a number of months using various wireless devices without any issues. This includes Toshiba Tecra, Compaq, Acer laptops, Photo frame and Wii online. These have had no issue whatsoever and am really pleased with the router performance.

I then purchased a HP tablet TX2130ea and this has a real problem in connecting and more importantly staying connected to the router. It connects 7 times out of 10 and then after a couple of pages have been loaded through the browser it cannot load any more.

The link still appears up within the networking centre (Running Vista Home Premium) and when trying to ping the route, sometimes no response, sometimes okay. If I then disconnect and reconnect to the router, same problem, a couple of pages load, then nothing.

I have tried this PC as the only wireless device on the network, ensuring there is no interference from other wireless devices, changing base channel, various levels of security ie. WPA, WPA2, but still the same issue.

I have used the same PC on other wireless networks with no issue and finally took out the 2800 and replaced with a BT Hub :( ...and all was okay. The Draytek is super, but cannot understand why the connection issue just with the HP

Draytek is running v 2.8.2
HP has latest drivers, bios, SP, etc

Any help or ideas would be very gratefully received as I want my Draytek back! Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• chippy99
  • Topic Author
More
24 Jul 2009 11:44 #2 by chippy99
Replied by chippy99 on topic Update
Just a brief update......

Although the beta release 2.8.2.1 lists the only improvement to do with Apple MAC connectivity, this certainly has cured the problem with my HP TX2130ea.

This now quite happily connects and more importantly stays connected now

(Draytek 2800G was previously running release 2.8.2.0)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami