DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

5510UTM Anti-virus

More
17 Jul 2009 12:39 #1 by paddi
5510UTM Anti-virus was created by paddi
Hi All,

was wondering if anyone else is having issues with there internet connection slowing up when the Anti-virus function is activeated??

when i switch it off i get my usual 10mb up and 10 down , but when i activate the anti-virus function it dropps down to below 4mbs up and down .. i have tested from a few different locations and aslo directly connected to the box ....

any ideas where to look , im not sure if i have set-up the scan properly or not ??

thanks

paddi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jul 2009 22:30 #2 by glandry
Replied by glandry on topic 5510UTM Anti-virus
I've never got mine to go above half the normal speed. Real pain as you can't stream any video etc unless you turn the firewall off. As an example just try and do a speedtest.net and watch it fall over. :(

More
22 Jul 2009 09:38 #3 by paddi
Replied by paddi on topic 5510UTM Anti-virus
Hi Glandry,

i got a reply from draytek and they said that this was nromal and that other firewall have same issues ,

i understand maybe a 10% drop in connection speed but not 50%

i have raised another fault call with them about it to see if they can look at it

i'll keep you posted

More
05 Aug 2009 11:49 #4 by paddi
Replied by paddi on topic 5510UTM Anti-virus
Just an update,

i have been speaking to Draytek about the connection speed on the WAN port ,

managed to get it to up alittle by adjusting the intrusion detexction and the anti-virus , but not enough to keep me happy,

after speaking with harry at draytek , they have said there is an issue and will try to fix this in the next frimware update ..

so fingers crossed

Moderators: Sami