DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Virgin/ntl blocking 2920 DNS access

• daconi
  • Topic Author
More
23 Jul 2009 15:34 #1 by daconi
Virgin/ntl blocking 2920 DNS access was created by daconi
I've followed the instructions in FAQ Cable Modem Setup (For NTL/Telewest/VirginMedia) but still have the problem that any pc connected to the LAN side of a 2920 does not connect to the internet, i.e. web pages fail to load and email pop's don't work.

If I connect a laptop directly to the ntl modem, it gets an IP address and DNS servers OK. If I connect a different laptop to the ntl modem this works OK too.

If I connect the 2920 it gets an IP address OK but any laptop connected to the 2920 fails to connect. I've tried fixing the mac of the 2920 to one of the pcs as per FAQ and it still doesn't work.

Note that this setup has been working fine for the past 2 years, but stopped working a week ago.

Have Virgin/ntl introduced something to stop NAT working recently? Can you advise a work around.

Note that I've tested the 2920 on a LAN with DHCP to the 2920 WAN port and it worked fine in this setup. So I believe it is a Virgin/ntl problem. Any help gratefully appreciated.

regards,

Keith

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Jul 2009 17:43 #2 by njh
Replied by njh on topic Virgin/ntl blocking 2920 DNS access
I am on NTL/Virginmedia and I have noticed no changes. Have you power cycled your CM after you have connected your 2920?

2900Gi/v2.5.6; 2900/v2.5.6

• daconi
  • Topic Author
More
23 Jul 2009 18:23 #3 by daconi
Replied by daconi on topic Virgin/ntl blocking 2920 DNS access
Yes I have power cycled the CM, several times now. It doesn't help.

Moderators: Sami