DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 120 and Apple Airport Extreme Basestation

• chenks
  • Topic Author
More
29 Jul 2009 18:56 #1 by chenks
have got the Vigor 120 and the AEBS and have it set up and working ok i think.

vigor is running in PPPoE-PPPoA bridge mode and the AEBS connects to the internet all OK using PPPoE mode.

AEBS is the DHCP server giving out 10.0.1.x addresses, but i can't connect to the vigor admin page as it is on a 192.168.2.x address. how do i get around this ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Jul 2009 09:14 #2 by voodle
It's a bit of work to do, but if you set the Vigor 120 up with a LAN address in the same subnet as the AEBS and disable its DHCP server, then connect the 120 to one of the LAN ports on the AEBS. After that connect the WAN port to one of the LAN ports.
This will work because it's a PPPoE connection so the AEBS will still be able to connect through it but you'll be able to access the 120's web interface too.

• chenks
  • Topic Author
More
31 Jul 2009 09:30 #3 by chenks
The vigor is running in bridge mode so it shouldn't have any dhcp services running anyway.J

• chenks
  • Topic Author
More
31 Jul 2009 17:26 #4 by chenks
can't seem to get this to work.

have set to the IP of the Vigor to an IP in the range and on the same subnet.
when i connect the vigor to a LAN port on the AEBS i can connect to the admin page fine, but when i put it back on the WAN port i can't connect to it.

when i connect my old modem/router to the WAN port on the AEBS i can access the admin page on that fine.

Moderators: Sami