DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Two routers on same subnet / routing issues

• jannerman
  • Topic Author
More
30 Jul 2009 12:20 #1 by jannerman
Guys,

Have been trawling this forum for a while now and can't see anything obvious to help me fix this so I thought I'd ask....

We have a small company network - a few remote sites with Vigor 2800 (and a couple of 2600) routers - all connected via VPN tunnels.

The network has been configured with three ADSL connections at head office; (not my setup!) one for internet traffic (and vpn links), one for email, and one for a secure connection to an application.

I have added an SDSL line, the plan was to transfer the VPN links to this for better speed in both directions, but instead I've setup an Exchange server behind it.

Anyway, the remote sites are unable to ping the SDSL router and the mailserver - everything is connected into the same switch - but I'm sure some sort of route needs to be setup between the primary ADSL router and the SDSL router?

Our DNS server sits on the same switch and uses the ADSL router as it's gateway.

The eventual aim is to bin all of the ADSL lines and operate with two SDSL lines, one for internal traffic (data & voice) and one for mail/internet

If anyone can point me in the direction of some guides to help me configure this (or just some hints) I'd be greatful!

cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• jannerman
  • Topic Author
More
10 Aug 2009 16:05 #2 by jannerman
Replied by jannerman on topic Two routers on same subnet / routing issues
Ok, I have fixed it myself, not entirely sure if I understand how this works but a static link can be created between the two routers, it's created on the "internal" router, using 192.168.0.0 Mask 255.255.0.0 (all of our sites are in the 192.168. range)

Once this was enabled remote site users were able to "see" the second router and ping devices that were using it as their gateway....

Happy Days!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami