DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Syslog save to database

More
30 Jul 2009 15:12 #1 by alowe
Syslog save to database was created by alowe
Hi,

Can anyone explain to me how this works, i have the syslog outputting to a database file mdb however how do i read it back in to the syslog program?

Also is there a way to log the events even when not logged into the syslog server? at the moment if i log off the syslog program closes and next time i run it, it starts the logging from scratch.

I am most interested in the traffic graph being able to show graphs spanning a month or quarter.

I am hoping this is something simple i have over looked.

thanks

Al

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Aug 2009 13:28 #2 by sbv3000
Replied by sbv3000 on topic Syslog save to database
I use Paessler Traffic Grapher (freeware) with a workstation set as the SNMP collector, you can monitor ADSL, WAN, LAN ports and get daily reports on bandwidth traffic.

Have not tried logging to a sniffer port with Smart Monitor, which can give more granular reports, (no PC near to the router). A product called Splunk is getting rave reports and I've been looking if that can grab the syslogs, but no success at the moment, mainly due to no time to play.

More
20 Aug 2009 20:36 #3 by robingb
Replied by robingb on topic Syslog save to database
I started a thread specifically for splunk, see http://www.forum.draytek.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=57325#57325

Hope it helps

Moderators: Sami