DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Draytek 2820n / FW 3.3.2.1 and SBS2008/03 WLAN PROBLEMS!!

• johntankard
  • Topic Author
More
12 Aug 2009 01:05 #1 by johntankard
Hi Guys

Here is a heads up for anyone running a 2820n on a Small Business Server 2003/20008 network, I hope this saves you some time that I lost.

I was running FW 3.3.1.2 and all was running fine, I upgraded straight to FW 3.3.2.1 and for some reason that update kills DHCP Packets through the 2820's WLAN. Any wireless devices running on your network which get address allocation from the SBS Box through the 2820's WLAN will NOT get an address when FW 3.3.2.1 is loaded.

I proved the above because as soon as I reverted back to 3.3.1.2 all worked perfectly again.

Draytek another shoddy FW release before it is properly tested, please action ASAP.

Regards johntankard

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Aug 2009 12:17 #2 by aidy_t
John, this is the exact configuration I'm running with 2820n + SBS2008 & have no issues with DHCP to the Wlan clients on the new fimware which has been up steady for 163 hours.

I did update from 3.3.2 direct to 3.3.2.1 using .all firmware

Cheers, Ade

• johntankard
  • Topic Author
More
12 Aug 2009 12:39 #3 by johntankard
Hi Aidy_t,

I may have to re-run the update again then, I just know that the new update killed the wlan DHCP and when I reverted back to the old one all worked fine again. I will attempt the update again though if yours worked fine.

Thanks for letting me know.

John

• johntankard
  • Topic Author
More
13 Aug 2009 00:02 #4 by johntankard
Update

I since reinstalled the firmware using the _RST file instead of the _ALL one, after reboot worked great, so, I will detract and apologise to draytek for callling their newest FW release shoddy, far from it.

Regards John

Moderators: Sami