DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2950 keeps rebooting

More
12 Aug 2009 17:43 #1 by drt
2950 keeps rebooting was created by drt
Hi,

We've got a 2950 providing internet access to our network. It has both WAN1 and WAN2 in use. The problem I'm having is that it will run for several hours during the office closed period when only automated upload and download systems are working but during the day when staff are in it will suddenly reboot with no warning. Sometimes it will do this time after time for several minutes and then settle down again.

Any ideas what might be causing it? I suspect its caused by a user on the network doing something thats upsetting it but haven't seen anything odd yet.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Tim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Aug 2009 19:00 #2 by rolandrat
Replied by rolandrat on topic 2950 keeps rebooting
What firmware version are you on as I had this on mine on a old firmware, the 3.2.4 has been fine for me.
I had a beta 3.2.4 for many months and it got up to 1000+ hours use.

More
12 Aug 2009 19:07 #3 by drt
Replied by drt on topic 2950 keeps rebooting
Sorry, I meant to say, its 3.2.2

Perhaps I should upgrade it to 3.2.4

More
12 Aug 2009 19:10 #4 by rolandrat
Replied by rolandrat on topic 2950 keeps rebooting
Got to be worth a try.
As I said, defo had the problem, I know mine is used in a home environment with about 10 pc's/laptops total, so probably doesnt have as much to do as yours, but its does occasionally have a good workout :wink:

I even disconnected the fan as it was too noisy in my study, so if it was heat related I would expect that to cause problems, but like I said ive seen 1000+ hours on it.

More
18 Aug 2009 18:10 #5 by advlaser
Replied by advlaser on topic 2950 keeps rebooting
I'm running 3.2.3 and it's pretty stable. Still every couple of weeks my users will complain the internet is slowing down. I reboot the router and that fixes the problem. Otherwise it has fixed some other problems I had previously with keeping VPN up.

Marvin Masson
www.advlaser.com

Moderators: Sami