Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

CSM Configuration -2820

• mjkbrown
  • Topic Author
More
16 Aug 2009 08:10 #1 by mjkbrown
CSM Configuration -2820 was created by mjkbrown
Hi,

I have a 2820 and have just upgraded to the latest 3.3.2.1 firmware. My problem is that I have configured the two sections i) URL Content Filter, and ii) Web Content Filter, and neither appear to work correctly.

Configuration:

URL Content Filter:
Created a profile called 'normal', and I have entered a priority of block, and then a list of keywords objects we wish to block from our network.

Web Content Filter:
Created a profile called 'normal' and selected action to block, and ticked the category box required.

Within both sections I applied 'OK' to ensure that settings were saved. Now if I search on the restricted terms, or type URLs with the content we wish to block, we still received the content we do not wish to see.

Does anyone have any ideas as to a step I may have missed, or any suggestions to complete this configuration correctly?

Many thanks for your help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Aug 2009 11:09 #2 by rolandrat
Replied by rolandrat on topic CSM Configuration -2820
I had this with this firmware, exactly as you describe, I went back to my previous firmware. I dont think you are doing anything wrong!

More
16 Aug 2009 15:14 #3 by mercnig
Replied by mercnig on topic CSM Configuration -2820
You need to apply csm to the firewall
Click on Firewall > General Setup and in the Action/Profile drop down box next to URL Content Filter/ Web Content Filter select the profile you have just created. Click OK at the botttom of the page and that should be it

Moderators: Sami