Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Double WAN problems - Loadbalance issues

• hellehunde
  • Topic Author
More
20 Aug 2009 14:07 #1 by hellehunde
Double WAN problems - Loadbalance issues was created by hellehunde
Hi all,

Since today I have 2 WAN's. They both work. But when I enabled them both whit always one, all goes wrong. No connection to the internet.
I think I have to load balance some stuff.
I've got a server that needs to communicate through WAN1 (all services domainnames are bound to the IP of WAN1). The rest of the machines in my network must use WAN2.

I've tried a lot but I'm not getting it to work. I'm confused by the termonaligie of destination and source IP. What is what? :-) How do I setup this configuration mentioned above?

Hope you can help.

Thanks

Bram

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Aug 2009 13:48 #2 by carrierdirect
Replied by carrierdirect on topic Double WAN problems - Loadbalance issues
Sorry Hellehunde, I haven't an answer... but I am also setting up a 2nd WAN for the first time and whenever I activate the 2nd WAN neither the 1st or 2nd work... the connection just times out.

Again, like you I am looking to have a server only on Wan1 and eveything else over WAN2.

I have a Netgear ADSL Modem router attached to the Wan2 port (with both solid green and flashing green lights) and it shows as Active (Green) on the Online Status page of the Draytek.

However, when I activate the WAN2 port I get nothing, even when I set up a TCP Load Balance Policy pointing to Port 80 (with Auto failover to the other WAN turned on).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami