DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820n FW: 3.3.2.1_232201 Secondary External IP Issue

• globalnemesis
  • Topic Author
More
24 Aug 2009 14:14 #1 by globalnemesis
Having upgraded from FW: 3.3.1.2_232201 I experienced a problem with traffic routed to a secondary External IP address.

The firmware notes state an issue: -"2. NAT Loopback (Locally accessing another local machine via an external IP and port redirection) does not work for WAN IP Alias addresses".

My scenario is subtley different: I have a server with a secondary external IP address (no port redirection), which was accessible via it's external IP before the upgrade from both "internal" and "external" PC's.

After the upgrade "external" PC's could no longer connect to the Servers services, however "internal" PC's still could connect via the external IP.

A roll-back of FW: to resolved the issue.

Anyone experience similar issues?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Oct 2009 11:00 #2 by gerdesj
I think I had a similar issue. I have an external block of 8 (ie 6 usable).

I then use DMZ host to NAT these to separate internal IPs

The first external IP works fine, the others don't.

I have found that I can use the Port Redirection table for these though as a work around.

More
07 Oct 2009 15:09 #3 by blowdart
I had problems setting up a new 2820 last week and using DMZ hosts. I ended up setting the DMZ hosts up and also using open ports to get traffic passed.

seg sent me 3.3.3_RC4a which fixed the issue. But there's no public date for release yet

More
15 Oct 2009 20:16 #4 by dbames

blowdart wrote: seg sent me 3.3.3_RC4a which fixed the issue. But there's no public date for release yet

I wonder if that fixed the stalled vpn issue too...

Moderators: Sami