DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2910G slows down over time

• andycopsey
  • Topic Author
More
10 Sep 2009 15:49 #1 by andycopsey
2910G slows down over time was created by andycopsey
Is there anyone out there who can help/may have also seen this issue?

I have a 2910 with fw 3.2.0 and it seems to slow down and require a reboot every few weeks. It is mostly noticeable on wlan which is g - though I think it tends to become sluggish on wired as well -not sure about that as it is not as obviouis.

I have tried about everything I can think of - new drivers in the dell laptop (winxp home), disabling all other non needed features, changing radio settings both ends - nothing fixes the issue apart from the vigor reboot - temporarily.

The thing usually noticed first is that file copying from server (wired gigabit) to laptop slows right down. A file that woud have taken 5-6 seconds normally will report 20-30 minutes to go and may eventuallytime out. Rebooting the vigor always fixes it. Rebooting anything else has no effect.

The only other things using the wireless are logitech squeezebox handset and occasionally - a nokia 770 tablet.

I am using wired vlan features and one or two rules to block some internet stuff, otther than that it is more or less straight out of the box, using wpa2 only on radio.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami