DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Connect 2820n to Corporate LAN

More
13 Sep 2009 11:05 #1 by porko
Connect 2820n to Corporate LAN was created by porko
Hi all,

I have a 2820n that I need to connect up to a corporate LAN (in a Regus office) to provide wireless access to a small subset of users.

Can anyone advise how I would configure the router to do this?

I'm plugging into the WAN2 (Ethernet) connection. I've got the WLAN configured and I can connect a laptop to it via wireless, but the DSL light constantly flashes and no connection is made. I get no Internet access from the laptop. I've turned off DHCP as I assume the corporate DHCP server will sort that out and in the meantime set a static IP, just until I get the DSL connected.

Can anyone give any advice please?

Many thanks
Paul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Sep 2009 12:34 #2 by njh
Replied by njh on topic Connect 2820n to Corporate LAN
If you plug into the WAN2 connection, your corporate DHCP server will not provide IP's to the wireless clients, so you'll have to turn the DHCP server back on. Make sure the 2820n LAN subnet is different to your corporate one.

The alternative is to connect up a LAN port of the 2820 to the corporate network. Keep the DHCP server off, but you'll have to assign a static LAN IP to the 2820, and you'll need make it outside the range of your corporate DHCP, but within its LAN subnet.

2900Gi/v2.5.6; 2900/v2.5.6

More
13 Sep 2009 16:47 #3 by porko
Replied by porko on topic Connect 2820n to Corporate LAN
Silly me, why didn't I think of plugging it into the LAN connector..? I'm must be having one of those days.

Works a treat now. :-)

Thanks for your help.

:-)
Paul

Moderators: Sami