2950 Multi-Nat

• mreastwood
  • Topic Author
More
13 Sep 2009 18:33 #1 by mreastwood
2950 Multi-Nat was created by mreastwood
WAN 1: Standard DSL
WAN2: SHDSL with 8 public IPs

I've managed to point X public IP on WAN2 to an internal machine. Fine.

What I really want to do is have any traffic going through WAN2 use a random public IP address on exit.

I've been reading through the FAQs and guides and this forum. From what I can see, there should be an 'add to IP pool' option on the WAN alias popup page. However I can't seem to find this on the 2950 and can't work out any other way to set this up.

Any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mreastwood
  • Topic Author
More
14 Sep 2009 08:40 #2 by mreastwood
Replied by mreastwood on topic 2950 Multi-Nat
After reading up on the Draytek telnet commands, I've managed to find a way to add public IP addresses to the Nat IP pool.

(commands in bold)

First use ip aux ? to see what's actually in the IP pool. In my case there was just one public IP for each WAN interface.

I needed to add my additional public IPs to WAN2 so I used ip aux add 116.x.181.247 1 wan2

By once again running ip aux ?, I can see that the IP has been added and shows as being part of the Nat IP pool.

For outgoing traffic which isn't a reply to an incoming server request, outgoing packets from the internal clients will take the router's primary WAN IP address as their source IP address. If you enable the setting of 'Join IP Pool' then the client will appear on any of the multi-NAT addresses.

However, as yet, remote IP address checks have not given me any confidence that our outgoing traffic is indeed being spread across these additional IP addresses.[/b]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami